In this world, there can only be one Most Wanted!
|Latest Version||Need for Speed Most Wanted|
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
|Updated||August 12, 2020|
The gameplay focus of NFS: Most Wanted was shifted from challenging rival gangs like in Underground games to larger in scope and more in-depth races against the police force. The police chases were expanded to become much more varied, and they were infused into the central campaign of the game where players were tasked to challenge 15 Blacklist races in one-on-one competition. Beating them would unlock not only additional challenges and path toward next SP missions but also new cars, parts, and track challenges. The car customizability of the game was reduced slightly compared to previous NFS Underground games to enable developers to place their focus on various gameplay aspects. In addition to the large free-roaming environment, various challenges and long SP campaign, certain versions of the game also featured 4-player online gameplay in the circuit, sprint, lap knockout, and speed trap modes, with the option to race in “Performance Matching” mode that will equalize the base strength of each car’s engine.
After its debut on PC and other 6th generation consoles, Need for Speed Most Wanted was released on Xbox 360 as one of the first games on that console. It would never be released on PS3. The PC version of this game was one of the most popular versions, allowing gamers to take full advantage of their powerful hardware and to even install simple car mods that expanded the car list of the game.
NFS Most Wanted is set in the fictional city of Rockport, with the central campaign being told in a series of full-motion video sequences that feature the mix of real-world and CGI footage. The main player arrives in the underground racing scene of the city, only to get on the crosshairs of both the Police and the infamous Blacklist group of most-wanted illegal racers. After being set up by Blacklist driver and arrested by police, the main protagonist agrees to get help from a local car dealer and mechanic Mia who promises to help him defeat one by one every member of the Blacklist group.
- Experience non-stop action set in free-roam environments.
- Explore the expansive Rockport City that consists of three distinct areas.
- Prove your worth as the best underground driver by beating both other racers and large police force.
- Evade police in the most adrenaline-filled racers of all time.
- Beat your friends with a real-time feed of records and scores.
- Drive the best modern cars, who are fully customizable and ready for urban races.
- Streamlined interface – no excessive menus, lobbies, or restrictions.
- Drive with style – find hidden shortcuts, use the high-tech gear, and beat police and rivals with skill.
- Optimized for modern Windows OS (Vista, 8 and 10)
- Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz)
- Memory:2 GB
- Hard Drive: 20 GB
- Graphics Card (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 series, with ATI RADEON 3870 or higher performance)
- Graphics Card (NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 series with NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT or higher performance)
- Sound card: DirectX compatible