Create a high-performance Virtual Private Network and hide your IP address!
|Latest Version||SoftEther VPN Gate Client Plugin 2021.10.16 build 9760|
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
|Updated||October 17, 2021|
|Author||VPN Gate Academic|
|Category||Firewalls and Security|
You can take these advantages by using VPN Gate: You can get through the government's firewall to browse restricted web sites (e.g. YouTube). You can disguise your IP address to hide your identity while surfing the Internet. You can protect yourself by utilizing its strong encryption while using public Wi-Fi. Unlike traditional VPN services, VPN Gate can get through most firewalls. VPN Gate is free of charge. Not a single registration is required.
SoftEther VPN ("SoftEther" means "Software Ethernet") is one of the world's most powerful and easy-to-use multi-protocol VPN software. It runs on Windows, Linux, Mac, FreeBSD, and Solaris. The tool is not only an alternative VPN server to existing VPN products (OpenVPN, IPsec, and MS-SSTP). The VPN has also original strong SSL-VPN protocol to penetrate any kind of firewall. Ultra-optimized SSL-VPN Protocol of the VPN has very fast throughput, low latency, and firewall resistance.
The app VPN has strong compatibility with today's most popular VPN products in the world. It has the interoperability with OpenVPN, L2TP, IPsec, EtherIP, L2TPv3, Cisco VPN Routers, and MS-SSTP VPN Clients. The VPN is the world's only VPN software that supports SSL-VPN, OpenVPN, L2TP, EtherIP, L2TPv3, and IPsec, as a single VPN software. Install SoftEther VPN Client with VPN Gate Client Plug-in (only once for the first time). Run VPN Gate Client Plug-in and connect to VPN Gate Server. Enjoy the Internet via VPN relaying!
How does VPN Gate work?
- VPN Gate network consists of many VPN servers, which are provided by volunteers around the world.
- You can provide your own computer as a VPN server to join this experiment.
- Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android are supported.
- Supports SSL-VPN (SoftEther VPN) protocol, L2TP/IPsec protocol, OpenVPN protocol, and Microsoft SSTP protocol.
- Anonymous connections are accepted.
- No user registrations are required.
- Each VPN server has a dynamic IP address. Therefore it may change at a random period.
- VPN servers appear and disappear at any time. Therefore, an IP address may not always connect to a VPN server.
- All VPN servers are capable of routing your traffic to the Internet, so you can disguise your real IP address.
- Using a server located somewhere other than your region may provide you some more accessible websites because the communication would look as if it is originated from the country the VPN server resides.
Features and Highlights
VPN can bypass the governmental firewall
If the governmental firewall is malfunctioning, or when some websites abroad are unreachable within the firewall, you can access them by relaying your connection to VPN servers located outside of your territory of residence.
VPN can hide your actual IP address
While your connection is relayed through a VPN server, the source IP address disclosed to the target server will be the VPN server's, not your actual one. This will be very helpful to you because nobody can trace back to your original IP address, eliminating the risk of being spied on. VPN enables you to post content on BBS or send emails completely anonymously, providing safety to just activists who intend to bring an accusation for public benefits. You will be safe from revenge or lawsuits by the accusee. Finally, even if your computer has been compromised by malware and hijacked by a criminal, VPN protects you from being framed up and thrown to jail because your actual IP address will be concealed.
VPN can prevent eavesdropping
When using a VPN, all transmissions will be automatically encrypted. Even if your local network is compromised by snoopers, your transmissions will remain intact. Note that this solution can only encrypt within the VPN tunnel, therefore packets forwarded from the VPN server to the destination are not within the scope of this solution. (i.e. it will not be encrypted.)
Features and Highlights
- Free and open-source software.
- Easy to establish both remote-access and site-to-site VPN.
- SSL-VPN Tunneling on HTTPS to pass through NATs and firewalls.
- Revolutionary VPN over ICMP and VPN over DNS features.
- Resistance to the highly-restricted firewall.
- Ethernet-bridging (L2) and IP-routing (L3) over VPN.
- Embedded dynamic-DNS and NAT-traversal so that no static nor fixed IP address is required.
- AES 256-bit and RSA 4096-bit encryptions.
- Sufficient security features such as logging and firewall inner VPN tunnel.
- 1Gbps-class high-speed throughput performance with low memory and CPU usage.
- Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad, and Windows Mobile are supported.
- SSL-VPN (HTTPS) and 6 major VPN protocols (OpenVPN, IPsec, L2TP, MS-SSTP, L2TPv3, and EtherIP) are all supported as VPN tunneling underlay protocols.
- The OpenVPN clone function supports legacy OpenVPN clients.
- IPv4 / IPv6 dual-stack.
- The VPN server runs on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and macOS.
- Configure All settings on GUI.
- Multi-languages (English, Japanese, and Simplified-Chinese).
- No memory leaks. High-quality stable codes, intended for long-term runs. It always verifies that there are no memory or resource leaks before releasing the build.
- RADIUS / NT Domain user authentication function
- RSA certificate authentication function
- Deep-inspect packet logging function
- Source IP address control list function
- Syslog transfer function