Emulate serial port, create virtual COM pairs for Windows PC
|Latest Version||Virtual Serial Port Driver 11.0 Build 11.0.1047|
Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10/Windows 11
|Updated||June 25, 2023|
|Category||File Transfer and Networking|
All virtual serial ports work and behave exactly like real ones, emulating all their settings. You can create as many virtual port pairs as you want, so there will be no serial ports shortage and no additional hardware crowding your desk. Moreover, Eltima virtual serial port technology can be fully integrated into your own software (OEM license).
Create any number of virtual COM ports
Virtual Serial Port Driver provides you with the ability to create an unlimited number of virtual serial ports. Created ports are located in the "ports" group in Device Manager, which means that they will be visible and easily recognized by all software and hardware you install. You will be able to set which application has access to the defined port. No real hardware serial ports are occupied.
Complete real ports settings emulation
Virtual ports, created by Virtual Serial Port Driver, work exactly like real ones. They emulate all real serial ports settings and provide strict baudrate emulation and full HandFlow control support. Additionally, you can easily emulate a serial line break. Moreover, VSPD uses advanced Windows kernel driver technology, which ensures WDM, WMI, Power Management, PnP, etc. support. Virtual Serial PortDriver is fully compatible with API COM and supports all Windows messages.
Manage all signal lines
Virtual serial ports created with Virtual COM Port Driver emulate and support all standard hardware signal lines (DTR/DSR, RTS/CTS, RING, ERROR, DCD, etc.). As in real null-modem connection, DTR of the local port is connected to DSR and DCD of the remote port, and RTS of the local port is connected to the CTS of the remote port. Moreover, you can choose a loopback pinout or create custom one depending on your hardware configuration.
Features and Highlights
- Any number of virtual serial ports pairs can be created
- Virtual serial ports are absolutely the same copies of real ones - applications won't see the difference between real and virtual serial ports
- Virtual serial ports can be controlled directly from your own application via Dynamic Link Library supplied with VSPD (for OEM License owners)
- The link between virtual serial ports is much faster than real null-modem cable connection and solely depends on your processor speed (average transfer speed is about 5.5 Mbytes/sec)
- Real serial ports are not occupied - you can even have no real ports in the system at all
- Possibility to create ports for the current user session only. Allows RDP users to create port with the same name (e.g. COM1) in each user session.
- You can enable automatic update of ports’ list, thus you can see pairs created in other user sessions
- Instantaneous ports creation lets working with them even before PnP manager detects the newly added ports
- Strict baudrate emulation
- Ports can be deleted even if they are open by other applications
Note: 14 days trial version.